FAQ SMS Banking
What are the services available under SMS Banking.
SMS Banking now Offers :
- Information Services - You can now check information on Bank Accounts as well as Credit Cards using the keywords
- Transaction Alerts - Alerts on your Bank Account and Credit Cards are sent on your registered Mobile number. You would also receive a consolidated email of all your transaction on the
- Financial Services - SMS Banking also enables you to pay through your bank account for Mobile Top, Paymate etc. please visit the Paymate and Mobile Topup Tab for more details
What are services available under SMS Banking Pull services
|Transaction Type||Keyword||Message to be sent|
|Credit Card - Available Credit Limit||LIM||LIM <last 4 digits of Card Number|
|Credit Card last 5 Transactions||TRN||TRN <last 4 digits of Card Number|
|Credit Card Payment Due date||PDD||PDD <last 4 digits of Card Number|
|List of Keywords||HELP||HELP|
|Account Balance Enquiry||BAL||BAL|
|Account Last Five Transactions||TXN||TXN|
|Cheque Book Request||CBR||CBR|
Incase you have multiple Bank account numbers, please send the Keywords followed by the Account Alias.
Is SMS Banking Charged?
The SMS Banking facility is absolutely free for customers. Customers are charged only for sending message to the number which will be charged by your Mobile Operator as per your billing plan.
What do I do for activating SMS Banking for Multiple accounts?
You can now access SMS Banking for all your Bank accounts and Credit Cards. You can now check information as per the table given above in for all your Bank Accounts/ Credit Cards.
Is SMS Banking available for Joint account holders?
SMS Banking is now available for Joint account holders as well. Incase of Joint account, now both the Joint Account Holders will receive transaction alerts for any transaction in their Joint Account.
How Can I register for SMS Banking?
You now register for SMS Banking on real time through our Online Banking, Phone Banking , Branches and ATM.
Registration through Online Banking and Phone is real time, registration through other channels will be done within 5 working days
I did not get transaction alert earlier, how come I have started receiving the alerts suddenly?
We have moved to an enhanced platform for sending alerts and now alerts will be sent to customers as per the grid mentioned below
|Sl No||Transaction Type||Value of Transaction beyond which alert will be sent|
|1||Debit/ ATM card Transactions||All Transactions|
|2||SMS Banking transactions||All Transactions|
|3||Online Banking Transaction||All Transactions|
|4||Salary Credit||>INR 25,000|
|5||All Account Debit Transactions||>INR 25,000|
|6||Credit Card Transactions||All Transactions|
I have done a transactions, however I have not received the alert?
Transaction alert are being sent for all the transactions beyond the transaction limit mentioned in the Question 7.
However if your transaction is above the threshold limit and you have not received the alert, please call our phone Banking
Apart from Pull Services, which are the other services available for me on SMS Banking Registration?
Apart from Pull services you will receive transaction alerts for all transactions. You can also subscribe for subscribed alerts for Bank Accounts and credit cards
The list of subscribed alerts available are
For Bank Accounts
- Account Balances - You would receive Daily Alert for Account Balances. You would receive this alert whenever there is a change in your balances
- Term Deposit Rollover & Maturity - If your Term Deposit with the Bank either matures or gets rolled over you would receive the transaction alert
For Credit Cards
- Credit Card limit enhancement - Alert to be triggered as and when there is Credit Limit enhancement on your Credit Card
- Rewards points alert - You would receive alert whenever your reward points increases or decreases by 1,000 Points
- Credit Limit nearing maximum - You would receive an alert when the Available credit limit on your card is less than 10% of the total Available Credit Limit
- Renewal card notification alert - Alert will be sent when your renewal card is sent by the Bank
- Payment Not credited / Past due reminder- Alert will be triggered when youpayment is due beyond the payment due date
- Contact Details Change Alert- Whenever there is change/ update of the contact details, alert will be sent you
- Credit Card Payment- You would receive the alert, when Bank receives the Payment on your Credit Cards
I have multiple bank account, what is the account alias I have to use to get the information on my other Bank Account?
Incase you have multiple bank account you can use the following keyword
- For account which were registered prior to 14th March 2010 for SMS Banking
a. Use the Keywords A1, A2, A3
- For accounts which were not registered earlier, use the last four digits of the account number
You can also personalize the account alias for your ease of usage. You can personalize the account usage through Online Banking and through our Phone Banking
What if I am not registered for Funds Transfer?
Please register yourself for SMS Banking either through Phone Banking, Online Banking or Any SCB ATMs Once you are registered for the service , you will receive the SMS Banking PIN on your registered Mobile number.
To active the financial services including Funds Transfer, you will be required to change the SMS Banking PIN. to initiate the process of changing Pin, send CPIN to 09987123123
What if I don't have SMS Banking PIN?
If you donot remember your SMS Banking PIN you can request your new SMS Banking PIN by sending the message in following format
NWPIN < last 5 digits of your account number> e.g if your account number is ending by 54321 then send NWPIN 54321 to 09987123123 to request for a new SMS Banking PIN.
I have got the PIN but I am not getting the callback?
For security reasons, you have to activate the SMS Banking PIN by sending NWPIN to 09987123123. You will receive an IVR callback for providing the current SMS Banking PIN and the new SMS Banking PIN. Please change the PIN by following this process to activate the SMS Banking services. However incase you have changed the pin and still not able to get callback, please contact phone banking.
Which all accounts can I transfer?
The funds transfer can be done from your SCB account to any SCB account. However the funds can be transferred from your primary account only by using SMS Banking.
I have sent the message but I have not got the call back.
If your SMS Banking is not activated, i.e . if you have not changed your SMS Banking PIN, you will not receive the IVR callback
How much can I transfer using SMS Banking in a day?
Through SMS Banking, You can transfer upto INR 40,000 in a day. However the maximum value of transaction through SMS Banking cannot exceed INR 50,000 in a Day for all SMS Banking transactions
I have got the confirmation, however the amount has not been transferred?
In some cases, there might be situations, wherein the amount might not have been transferred. Your funds will be reversed, you can check for reversal by checking you mini statement by sending TXN to 09987123123. However if you don't see reversal of the amount, please contact phone banking.
I have done the transaction, however I have not got confirmation
At times, due to network congestion, the SMS confirmation, does not get delivered to customers. Please check your Mini Statement by sending CPIN to 09987123123 for the transaction. If the transaction has not been completed, you can initiate the transaction again